Disability Insurance Q&A: When Should I Contact An Attorney About My Claim?
Question: When should I contact an attorney about my claim?
Answer: Doctors and dentists who are considering filing a claim for disability insurance benefits should meet with an attorney experienced in the area well before submitting a claim. Each disability policy has different, complex language that insurance companies may manipulate to circumscribe and restrict coverage. A physician or dentist should make a coordinated effort with an attorney’s assistance to determine whether a particular claim is covered, and if so, how that claim is best presented to ensure payment.
Coming soon, we will be distributing a monthly e-mail newsletter. The newsletter will contain information not included on this blog, such as:
- Detailed tips for filing disability insurance claims with various carriers;
- Examples of best practices vs. worst practices when interacting with your insurer;
- Updates on recent disability cases relevant to your claim or potential claim;
- Specific answers to common questions, which newsletter recipients can submit anonymously; and
- Information on lectures and classes you can attend to hear the firm’s attorneys speak about choosing disability insurance policies and filing claims.
If you are interested in subscribing (at no cost, of course), please sign up here:
Your name is not required. Please rest assured that we will not use or distribute your e-mail address for any other reason.